Too often, I do something long overdue and, reeling in the simple pleasure afterwards, I wonder “How did it take you so long?” or “Why don’t you do that more often?” So, here’s a little list of little things to remember.
– go to the movies on a hothothot day. Really luxuriate in the air conditioning that chills you to the bone.
– spend more time with your niece. She’s full of surprises in the nicest way.
– get a haircut. You can’t keep your hands out of your hair because it feels so silky.
– file your nails. Look, you have hands just like a grown-up lady! (For about 12 hours before you snag a nail again, but whatever.)
– grapes. It turns out you like ’em!
– open a bottle of wine just for yourself. That’s right, don’t wait for someone to share it with you. Pop the cork, drink a glass or two, and don’t worry whether you’re wasting it. Scandalous!
– kiss your husband. HARD. Make the most of the time you have together.