Good things make life good. Some of the good things are small, some of the good things are big, and all of the good things are good.
– fresh-baked anadama bread, fragrant with molasses, chewy with oats and whole wheat, and hot from the oven. I love the way it fills the whole apartment with its rich, wholesome scent.
– wrapping Christmas presents, which gives me a marvelous calm feeling of accomplishment. And the penguin wrapping paper I picked up at Local Surplus & Salvage Shop is pretty darned cheery.
– snow! Granted, by the time I got outside in it, it was just lashings of cold and wet, but still: SNOW!
– hot tea with milk and the faintest lacing of sugar.
– anadama bread again, because it’s just that good. Also, because I’m making a second batch already.
– bright red coarse-weave fabric (also from Local Surplus & Salvage Shop) for reupholstering the Danish modern chairs Gaoo gave me. (She rescued them from the junk pile at our parents’ old house, so they’re endearingly familiar, too.)
– Nick Hornby’s About A Boy.
– The sweetest husband in the world, who knows me inside out and upside-down and who loves me with all my flaws.